KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Stretching Old Muscles

It feels so fine to be writing again, to admit that I need to write.

My first professional job, back in the early '80s, was as a reporter for a midsize Texas newspaper (though my surname was different then). I had to write on every subject imaginable, and on deadline. It was so good then, but life got in the way. . . . I had my first baby, and the night hours of a reporter weren't really compatible with having a child. Then my first husband and I moved to a different state and I started down the publishing track. And then I divorced and then remarried and had two more babies, and I continued to enjoy publishing, though I eventually left the corporate side to go solo.

I've long edited to live, but now that I've started this blog and committed to it, I'm remembering that I must also write to live. Now that my kids are getting older, it'll continue to become easier to find the time to write.

No comments:

Template created by Makeworthy Media