KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Friday, May 05, 2006

Yuck!

I'm sick with the cold from hell—throat so sore that swallowing saliva hurts, swollen lymph nodes in my neck, voice pretty much gone, ears feeling stuffed with cotton and on the verge of hurting, and enough phlegm to keep me busy for weeks. And both boys are home from school with the same thing.

Now that I've grossed you out and cheered you up, I'll say good-bye until I'm feeling human again.




EditorMom

5 comments:

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Thanks, bro. Send some chicken soup, please?

TFLS said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly, my dear. I hope you're much better by now. Don't forget the chicken soup! It always works wonders for me.

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Thanks, FLS. Being a proper mom, I stayed behind to go down with the germ ship. Everybody's very nearly back to normal but me. One day, while I still have health insurance, I'm going to talk a doc into doing surgery on my sinuses, dredging them out and creating a way for them to actually drain. After years of riding the commuter rails to work and getting crud like this several times a year, I got healthier when I became self-employed and wasn't exposed to so many germy people. So it's a shock to my system these days when I do get the crud. I guess it's making its reappearance this year because my youngest is in preschool, whipping his immune system into shape by trying on every bacterium that comes his way, then kindly sharing it with me.

Kathy said...

Katharine, I hope you're feeling better -- and the kids, too. I had sinus surgery a few years ago, and it has made a huge difference.

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

I'm better except for the congestion that's hanging out in my larynx. When I talk, I squeak. It's hard to get respect from anybody when you sound so funny. When I'm finally ready to get sinus surgery, I just may ask you for more details.

Template created by Makeworthy Media