KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Monday, October 23, 2006

An Early Christmas Present

I've gotten used to the hammering, and now I'm seeing some progress in the exterior remodeling of my house.

The construction crew has covered the entire house with new insulation, and I swear it now feels warmer inside this 40-plus-year-old place. They have the north side of the house nearly completely covered with lovely moss green vinyl siding, too. It's so pretty. It feels like a giant Christmas present!

I'll post pix in a few days.



2 comments:

Imperatrix said...

Mmm. I remember what a difference the first winter with insulation made on our house! Good thing the noise has become background hum, too.

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

So it's not my imagination! The only things that were under the old red cedar shake shingles were plywood and tarpaper. I can't wait to see if our heating bills decrease.

Template created by Makeworthy Media