KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Cold Cometh

I can just about hear the heavy footfalls of the dreaded family cold approaching and sense its finger reaching out to tap me on the shoulder, letting me know I'm next. Is that achiness? If it isn't, it soon will be.

We've had a lovely Christmas; the boys and my husband are off from school and work this week. Lots of snuggling and story-reading and game-playing. I've had to keep working, except for Christmas day, because I have deadlines to meet, but even I could get in on the fun.

Then Jared, 5, came down with the cold: high temperature, stuffy head, coughing, aches all over. He's much better today, but it's his brother's turn. Neil, 12, is lying on the couch, hot but wanting to be covered up. And his cough is more like a bark.

I want some magic spell to ward off this thing.




No comments:

Template created by Makeworthy Media