KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Harmless Little Compulsions

I must always eat M&M's and other candies like it in groups of even-numbered amounts: 2, 4, 6, etc. I've done that as long as I can remember, and it appears I have passed this compulsion on to my daughter, who's 24. I must also kiss my children on both of their cheeks, never just on one, lest their stores of affection be lopsided.

Yes, I'm weird. ;-) What's your weirdness?




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, I was just talking about this with my friends today. I was dicussing wanting the baby to be born on an even numbered day too.
Love you Mom!

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Hey, baby, I love you too, with all my heart. You are the coolest young woman I know. You are going to be one fantastic mother and social worker!

Anonymous said...

1. I must cut my waffles 3 squares across by 2 squares high. Makes the perfect bite size.

2. My artichoke leaf piles have to be neatly stacked and all the same height.

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Ooh! Artichoke leaf piles! I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the new compulsion venue, RevRosa. I'll have to think about expanding my repertoire.

Anonymous said...

Light switches -- I'll walk across the room or up/down the stairs to make sure the switches are in their "proper" positions. Also, towels and shirts, folding of. I'll refold entire baskets of laundry to get them right. Otherwise, I'm a total slob.

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Oh, Kathy ... have I got some great big laundry piles for you! Anytime you want 'em, they're yours.

Template created by Makeworthy Media