KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Monday, August 06, 2007

Birthday Present

Happy birthday to me! I'm 48 now.

My present will be getting to babysit my almost-3-month-old granddaughter, Ana, tonight for the first time while her parents go out to celebrate their one-year wedding anniversary. I get to snuggle a wiggly bundle of giggly softness and smell her baby freshness until she gets cranky because she's tired, and then she'll go home and I won't have to deal with that part.

How perfect is that?




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday (belated!) to you! For the next 18 days we're the same age...then I'm older than you again. :)

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

It's a race! I'll catch you again next year! ;-)

LeftLeaningLady said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope spending the evening with your granddaughter was wonderful.

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Thanks, LLL. Ana fell asleep in my arms in our rocking chair. I kissed her soft little face and legs to my heart's content.

Imperatrix said...

Happy Birthday!

I hope you had a wonderful visit with Ana!

;-)

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Thanks, Imperatrix.

I wish Ana's visit had been longer. My daughter and son-in-law must've wolfed down their dinner, because they spent only an hour at the restaurant, which is just a few minutes away from my house. Despite their denials, they were anxious being away from their little one for fun.

Template created by Makeworthy Media