KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Multitasking Madwoman

I'm still alive.

I haven't posted much in the last few days because I'm on deadline with a novel I'm editing, so I can clear my desk for two incoming medical-book manuscripts that I'll be working on simultaneously, and I've been busy operating as an unpaid vice president of my husband's new company, Master Cabinetry. (I'll be paid once his company starts bringing in money.)

Yes, I know his web site isn't glamorous, but it will be: I've arranged for a great graphic artist to design a professional-looking logo within the next couple of weeks, and the same talented woman who did my business web site will create a wonderful one for him. But we're in a hurry to have something up because though he won't officially be laid off for at least another week and a half, he already has subcontracting project offers coming in. We'll also be ordering magnetic business signs for the sides and back of our minivan.

Other things I've been doing are arranging for our accountant to set Ed's company up as an S corporation and making a list of some of the things Ed has to do, which he's been checking off bit by bit:
  • Looking into COBRA in case incorporating takes longer than we want; we can't go without health insurance

  • Finding an agent through which he can get worker's comp insurance


  • Finding out where to go to get his county home-improvement license


  • Researching what hourly rates he can charge


  • Compiling a list of suppliers


  • Compiling a mailing list of contractors he could do work for, so that we can mail them brochures and business cards

Yeah, I'm just a little busy these days.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get to work on novels? Now I'd enjoy that.

Wait. I have a novel right now that needs editing. I'd better get to work on that!

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Yes. I like to stave off boredom and burnout by splitting my time among novels, nonfiction for the general public, and medical textbooks and articles.

Do tell—what's your novel about?

Template created by Makeworthy Media