KOK Edit: Your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM)
KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) KOK Edit: your favorite copyeditor since 1984(SM) Katharine O'Moore Klopf
Blog

Friday, May 16, 2008

I Have a Dream

I'm no Martin Luther King Jr., but I have a dream.

My dream came the night of the news that the California Supreme Court overturned a ban on same-sex marriage.

In the dream, I was a minister officiating at the wedding ceremony of two 60-something men. Both were balding and had gray hair. The event took place in the rural Midwest, and their friends who attended the ceremony were decked out in full hunting gear.

I don't know the dream's reason for the guests' choice of attire, and I sure can't picture a real-life same-sex wedding taking place in the rural part of any U.S. state at this point in the development of civil rights, but dreams aren't always logical. It sure did feel holy and joyful, though, when I pronounced the loving couple married.

May my dream come true soon for same-sex couples in all 50 states.



1 comment:

Editrix said...

I too am thrilled. Absolutely THRILLED! Two states down, forty-eight to go?

Template created by Makeworthy Media